I was contemplating on whether I should make a New Year’s resoultion for 2012 and decided instead of the typical resolutions I need to make it more personal for myself. So I am going to approach it from an individual, a wife, and a mother. I’m sharing this not only for accountability but hopefully I can inspire or motivate someone else to make changes for the better in their own lives.
Resolution from an individual’s stance:
- Seek God first thing in the morning…every morning.
- Increase prayer time and reading the Bible
- Be aware of my facial expressions and attitudes
- Pray DAILY over my husband and children
- Pray for the leaders in this nation
- Eat sweets in moderation and choose more healthy choices to eat
- Practice the flute at least 30 min to an hour 4 to 5 days a week
Resolution as a wife:
- Be more selfless
- Pray over my husband daily
- Be aware of the tone I used when talking to my husband
- Show my husband love via his love language
Resolution as a mother:
- Use more patience
- Pray over my children daily
- Show my children love via their love language
- Be aware of my tone when talking to my children
And here’s the thing…I’m not going to beat myself up about messing up any one of these. I know that God’s mercies are new EVERY morning and if He shows me grace, then I should be able to have grace for myself. I may review this post in about a month just to see how I have progressed.
Blessings to you,